In 1965, Pastor Chuck Smith began his ministry at Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa. From the beginning, Pastor Chuck welcomed all, young and old, without judgment, placing his emphasis on the teaching of the Word of God. His simple, yet sound, expositional biblical approach has helped millions better understand God’s Word. With a sincere concern for the lost, Pastor Chuck and Kay Smith made room in the church and their home for a generation of hippies and surfers; generating a movement of the Holy Spirit that spread from the West Coast to the East Coast, and now, throughout the world. What began as a small local church has now grown into an international ministry of over 1600 fellowships throughout the world, all in the last 40 years. One of those fellowships, Calvary Tulare, began in a home in 2002 with a few likeminded believers, has met in various locations including a hotel, high school, commercial building and now our current location, the corner chapel on the campus of Valley Christian Church, 432 E Pleasant Ave.